Allum Manor is the trading name of the Elstree, Borehamwood and District Community Association.
Conditions of Hire of the Allum Manor Hall
1. APPLICATIONS: All applications for hire shall be made to Elstree, Borehamwood & District Community Association, hereinafter called “The Association”. Applications by persons under the age of 18 will NOT be accepted. The person signing the booking form will be deemed to be the hirer and will adhere to all conditions of the hiring. Any organisation mentioned on the booking form will also be deemed the hirer and the liability of the organisation and person signing the form shall be joint and several.
2. RACE RELATIONS ACTS: The hirer is expected to ensure that nothing occurs during or in consequence of their hire which would prejudice the Association’s obligations under these Acts. The Association reserves the right to cancel any booking which appears likely to breach this undertaking.
3. ADVANCE BOOKINGS: The Association will not accept bookings more than 18 months in advance. However the management reserves its right to vary this condition.
4. RIGHT TO TERMINATE; The Association reserves the right to cancel, by notice to the hirer, any booking at any time. The Association will return or refund any charges paid in respect of that hiring but shall not be liable to pay compensation.
5. TERMS OF PAYMENT; A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total charge in respect of each booking must accompany the application with the balance due and payable not less than 30 days prior to the hire date. In addition, a refundable deposit of £200, as security against damages, will also be required, 7 days prior to the hire. SUB LETTING IS NOT PERMITTED.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
(A) No alteration shall be made to the furniture, equipment or fixtures without the written consent of the Association.
(B) Sellotape, staples, drawing pins, sticky-backed Velcro or other similar items must not be used for decorations or posters etc. as they will damage the fabric of the building. Any Blu Tack or Sellotape on the furniture must be removed before the hirer leaves.
(C) No article of an inflammable nature may be brought onto any part of the complex. This includes Calor Gas bottles.
(D) The hirer is responsible should there be any damage to the floor. Chairs and tables must be lifted and NOT dragged across the floor.
(E) The hirer shall be responsible for the proper conduct of all persons on the premises or its immediate surround as a result of their hire and shall take all necessary action to prevent any disturbance either on or, especially at night, when leaving the premises. ALL WINDOWS & DOORS MUST BE KEPT CLOSED DURING THE ENTIRE PERIOD OF HIRE TO ENSURE THAT NOISE IS KEPT TO A MINIMUM.
(F) Any caterer or bar service employed or operated by the hirer shall ensure that the kitchen and lounge area are left in a clean and tidy condition.
(G) The Association accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to articles left on the premises by the hirer and any furniture or equipment, which may only be brought in by prior arrangement, remains the responsibility of the hirer until it is collected by the company from which it was hired.
(H) All fire exits and entrances must remain free from obstruction at all times to conform with fire regulations and the licences held by the Association.
(I) The Association accepts no responsibility and will pay no compensation in the event of the hirer suffering loss or damage on account of the failure of lighting, power or heating or other equipment.
(J) The Association reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove from, the premises any person without stating the reason.
(K) The Association reserves the right to enter any of the facilities at any time.
(L) A maximum of TWO Eurobins will be available for your use. Rubbish in excess of this must be taken away by the Hirer.
7. SCALE OF CHARGES: The scale of charges shall be that laid down by the Association which may be subject to alteration without notice.
8. LICENCES: The actions of the hirer shall not cause any infringement of any conditions of the licences held by the Association. The Association have taken out a licence with the Performing Right Society Ltd. to cover all musical works in the repertoire of the Society. The hire shall comply with the conditions of the licence. The hirer will permit an authorised agent of the Society to have a free right of entry to all public performances. Within 24 hours of a performance a list must be compiled showing all music performed and returned to the Association. The hirer shall also comply with all provisions of the Copyright Act 1956 in relation to performances or the use of copyright works or materials on the Association’s premises. The hirer shall indemnify the Association from and against all actions, proceedings, costs or claims arising out of failure to do so. No excisable liquor shall be sold or offered for sale on the premises unless the hirer obtains the necessary licence from the Council.
9. DAMAGE TO ASSOCIATION PROPERTY: The hirer shall repay to the Association on demand the cost of reinstating any part of the premises or any property of the Association therein which shall be damaged, destroyed or removed during the period of hire or arising out of the said hire. If the Damage Deposit is insufficient further claims will be made.
10. INDEMNITY AGAINST CLAIMS: In addition to the indemnity required under Clause 8 of these conditions of the hire the hirer shall indemnify the Association against all claims, demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death or injury of any person or loss of or damage to property which shall occur during the period of hire or arising out of the hire.
11. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT: No electrical equipment of any kind may be brought onto and used on the premises without the permission of the Association. All equipment must have been tested and have PAT labels.
12. MUSIC: All music must cease at the time agreed when booking.The noise limiter in the Hall will not be disabled.
13. LOSS OF DEPOSIT: In the event of the cancellation of a booking by the hirer more than 6 months before the hire date 50% of the deposit will be refunded. Between 3-6 months 50% will be refunded if a subsequent letting is made. If less than 3 months the deposit will be forfeit.
14. VEHICULAR ACCESS: Hirers are requested to ensure that all vehicles are properly parked in the marked spaces provided, that vehicles are not driven onto the grass or footpaths and that parking does not take place in the turning spaces so marked or in the Caretaker’s spaces.
15. NOISE: The Hall is in a residential area and NOISE MUST BE KEPT TO AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL. The noise limiter in the Hall will not be disabled.